Originally Posted By AndyF
If you're asking about a Dominator then I'd recommend sticking with a 2 circuit carb. The third circuit can be handy for specialized applications but for the average guy it just dumps extra fuel into the intake and causes problems. I think Holley should stop selling the three circuit carbs and offer them only as a special option but I'm guessing they don't worry too much about my opinion!
Most racers and builders prefer the 3 circuit and we sell a LOT of them, especially for STOP racing. We offer both and with different options. It's up to the consumer to either KNOW what he needs, or call the tech line and get some help. But why would we stop making something just because many don't understand them or what they need

We have had this debate several times. A few builders like Mark, prefer 2 circuits and that's fine. But more yet prefer 3 or more circuits. Does it take more understanding to make it work at part throttle?.......yes, without a doubt, but if you know what you are doing, they work just fine. NOT suggesting that Mark or anyone else doesn't understand..........they just prefer the 2 circuit. I am sure he can make a 3 work as well as anyone else can.

I just watched Mike Laws personally tune a 3 circuit on a 170+ mph Super gas combo at Orlando. Watching the car and looking at data, he made the curve silky smooth and a lot of that was done on the 3rd circuit

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 02/01/16 04:45 PM.