Originally Posted By RapidRobert
thanks for the kind words bro. I too learn something new (on here) almost every day. I run hobby stock. I spoke with John & he said he'd let it go if someone showed up with 10K cash but from the tone of his voice he does not want to let it go (which is why he thru that high number at me) & I was asking about it for ME! (My DD 85 Ramcharger 318's 8MPG is killing me). I gotta get out from under it. He's a professional horder & we've been friends for 30+ years so I know him well. He does not want to part with NOTHING!

Hobby Stock is cool! If I am not mistaken (could be off on the knowledge), don't they run claimer engines? Your buddy John, being a professional hoarder... just means that he has his OWN legal private (not for profit) JUNKYARD. Nuttin' wrong with that at all! After all, what one person sees as junk, could be treasure to someone else!! And more than likely he has the hard-to-find stuff. Sounds like that 85' Ram (if it's a 4wd) the gear/tire setup are a major factor for the 318's poor mileage. Either a "warned-over" 318, or a long armed 360
matched to the gear ratio/tire setup will net you better mileage. One thing the 85' is NOT the most aerodynamically built truck.

fury

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)