Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By dartman366
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By dartman366
had two blocks one was a 1975 the other is a 1976 both came in with the numbers solidly in the .310-.320 range had a spot here and there that was in the mid 200 range worse being 245, and a couple around .260-.280,,95% are .300 or better.
Dude, you got really lucky upbow Maybe it is time for you to buy a lottery ticket while your luck is in town whistling grin shruggy AKA, those are stout block castings thumbs Flog the dog snot out of both of them hammer thumbs devil
I said somthing to him about doing a half fill and he promptly told me to not waste my time and money and that blocks like that don't need it besides he is not a proponant of using filler because of thermal issues in the cylander.
iagree I don't use block filler for that exact reason thumbs The heat zone differences above and below the block filler ends up making the cylinder walls different internal diminsions above and below the filler, basically a small step in them down
that must be why he explained about blocks that had a 1/2 fill showed a increased amount of skirt scuffing as opposed to ones that dont, and it all makes sense to me because of the difference in thermal expansion in those two areas.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.