Originally Posted By Skeptic
Originally Posted By AndyF
I hadn't seen that before but I like the idea. I used a SCAT superlight crankshaft in my last 470 build. I really like the idea of taking unnecessary weight off the crankshaft if you can afford it.
Was that a special order? They only show the RB mains and no 3.91" strokes on the website. Thanks, Steve

Kind of a semi-custom order. SCAT has raw forgings on hand and they can machine up most anything. They make a lot of NHRA Super Stock cranks with Honda journals and stuff like that that isn't in the catalog. You just have to tell them what you want and wait a few weeks for it to show up.

SCAT has the CAD files on hand to produce fully machined lightweight Mopar cranks but they don't really advertise it. You just have to call them and talk it over with the engineer.

The nice thing about working with SCAT is they have the ability to do all of the machine work and heat treating and finish work in the USA. Some of the other crank vendors are just box movers. So if it isn't in the catalog they can't make it. SCAT imports raw forgings and then does the rest on shore so they can move things around if you want.