Quote:
with the 2,200 rpm converter and will stay with the 3.23 SG.
Before I take it apart I would like to hear your opinions.n

I want an engine working with the converter and 3.23 ratio.
Rarely over 4,000 and mostly between 1-3,000.
t I have had many cars with hot engines making lots of power, and as we all know high revving engines like that requires high stall converters, high flowing induction and exhaust, steep gears and so on. Honestly, most of the time they are not very fun though.

Hopefully I will be able to use the same crank, rods, pistons and heads. Of course more cubic would take it longer, but I'm on a budget.
I'm thinking a good aluminum dual plane with long runners like Edelbrock RPM or Weiand Action Plus and a Thermoquad on top.
Maybe I could go with cast iron manifolds since I don't need a lot of flow?
If my heads needs work it might be a better idea to find something else.
Stroke it! You might consider the 4" crank & they're on sale for several hundred dollars. & you would need the stroker pistons. For iron ex manifolds the '92/early 93 magnum ones with the 2&5/16" outlets are VG & run maybe $100 & the absolute best is the DR one from that pair and a 68-70 340 HP pass side iron manifold & they run 3-5 bills a set & that would be splitting up a set so both would need to be purchased The VERY best would be (2) pass 340 HP manis & reverse the one for the dr side. the outlet would point forward but it'd be doable but it would be pricey finding 2 of em seperately. there's headers & pro & con on them. You need low end torque & for that you need cubes. Others will chime in with recommendations for you. PS mag heads would be the best way to do

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth