Planning to do some upgrades on my 70 `cuda vert, I will keep the 904 tranny with the 2,200 rpm converter and will stay with the 3.23 SG. Brand new tti 3" H-pipe exhaust is already installed, did that before I made decisions about the power plant.

I don't know very much about the 360 yet. It takes no oil, has good compression and runs strong. Power comes in strong at around 3,500 rpm's and then it wants to rev to the moon. A little screamer. Recent owner said it was a "crate engine", but he couldn't confirm it. I have found out that block is casted 1971. It is externally balanced.
Before I take it apart I would like to hear your opinions. Since I live in Sweden I need to plan my shopping!

I want an engine working with the converter and 3.23 ratio.
I'm looking for a power band suited for the rpm range the engine will be driven in. Rarely over 4,000 and mostly between 1-3,000.
Plain and simple responsive and economic motor.
You might think I'm odd wanting to build a boring engine, but I have had many cars with hot engines making lots of power, and as we all know high revving engines like that requires high stall converters, high flowing induction and exhaust, steep gears and so on. Honestly, most of the time they are not very fun though. Not very reliable either. But thirsty. I still have my Charger if my mood turns to racing mode laugh

I think this 360 still could be able to smoke the 275's. Do you?

Hopefully I will be able to use the same crank, rods, pistons and heads. Of course more cubic would take it longer, but I'm on a budget.
I'm thinking a good aluminum dual plane with long runners like Edelbrock RPM or Weiand Action Plus and a Thermoquad on top.
Camshaft selection will of course be very critical and here I need advice. A good bunch of lift, steep lobes but not much duration?
I will ditch the headers since they are crap. Maybe I could go with cast iron manifolds since I don't need a lot of flow?
If my heads needs work it might be a better idea to find something else.

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina