Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I see on the attachment on the Hella that is states for offroad use only here in the U.S.A. workI remeber a guy getting a ticket Victorville, CA for having European headlights in a car that he brought back from Germany back many years ago. The local Police, Sheriffs and OR State Police don't seem to be after the(money work) local cars that way up here.

Here's my take, for what it's worth: with new cars getting brighter headlights, and with more of these new cars with brighter headlights hitting the streets every day, your chance of getting a ticket with Euro headlights gets slimmer with every new car that rolls off the lot. Of course, this doesn't mean you can drive around with high beams ablaze, or stay under the radar with badly misadjusted headlights. I had a daily driver fitted with these things beginning in the mid 80's, when bright headlights were far more noticeable, and never had so much as a brush with the law. It might be different where you live, so take that opinion for what it's worth.

BTW, other than wiring and relay upgrade, these things are a bolt in deal.

Good luck!