Yes, you have a transmission that has a lockup torque converter as well as overdrive -- the three pin setup controls both functions. The black deal is the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). You've got the good one so an electronic speedometer will work well with this setup. No more sloppy speedometer cable that ruins the pointer............

You've got a good RH setup. The problem with these OD transmissions is the overdrive portion. I do not know exactly what fluid port is too small, but there is an oil port that is too small that feeds the overdrive portion that is known to not get enough oil to it, so it will eventually burn it up. The overdrive portion is the aft portion where the black VSS is located. The front portion is put together just like a 727, so all of the upgrades you can do to a 727 you can do to this portion of the transmission. Don't go cheap on the torque convertor either -- this is where you want to spend the money on something that is stout -- you can get something really good for this, but it does cost money to buy whiskey........

I know there are lots of good quality transmission builders in the USA, and I can recommend John Cope at Cope Racing Transmissions as one of the the good guys. Just let him know what you are going to do with the vehicle and he should be able to get you what you need.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!