Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I hate to come out and say this but something is terribly wrong with this combo and the convertor is probably a BIG part of it. You should be flying at that track especially this time of year. I sold my first Duster to a Friend around 35 years ago (3100 plus pounds) and he was into working on dirt track cars and wanted to try drag racing. He wanted a mild combo to make some passes so we took a stock 340 block with stock 10.5-1 cast pistons, stock rods, and crank, added a 484 purple shaft hrdralic cam, portasonic intake, 340 heads with a clean-up polish and 2.02 vales and valve job. He then bought a new 750 carb and installed it out of the box. The car had super stock leaf springs, 4.56 gears, and a 4200 stall turbo Action convertor. In the heat of Summer in PA at the old Keystone Raceway Park he ran a 12.20 on his second pass in the car. I would take a real good look at your 3500 stall convertor and possibly try a new higher stall one.

I agree. The Mph is enough to maybe sneak into the 11's or very low 12's.
That combo should run better than my little 318 times in my signature with iron heads , hydraulic cam and more weight, or at least as good.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17