Originally Posted By mccannix
....I have no need to "correct their erroneous views".....

Of course not! I didn't think an instigator like you would be willing to correct your obvious furtive intent. I'll be more than happy however to correct the erroneous information you've posted in this thread. There was never a light blue ink (Assembly Line) Canister Sleeve offered by Chrysler. You can't use a 40+ year old weathered example to document how they originally looked. That would be like saying that the faded & chipped paint on a Survivor Car is representative of what it looked like when it was new.

A Canister's sleeve positioning had no specific protocol for their exact location. There could have been as much as a half inch variation along the barrel of the metal tube. Not only were they used as an instructional device, but they also provided insulation protection against freezing temperatures that occurred during tire inflation.

Below are a collection of the "color" examples that have been posted here. You can see the differences between the incorrect one posted by mccannix, as well as the Assembly Line, NOS & ECS Reproduction versions.