Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
BTW...Where can I purchase the label with the light blue ink? Looks like the ECS label uses the dark ink...

It's odd a question was asked about the sleeve position/date coding and the topic changed to the reproductions being "too dark". Anyone who knows the printing Industry understands that color density can slightly vary between production runs. Every original that is documented today has been exposed to 40+ years of environmental factors. Below is one of the original examples that I used as a reference. Notice the darker blue coloring that was erroneously called "too dark" by mccannix. I used the darkest sample of blue ink found on an original and bumped up the density slightly because Ink does not darken over time. It fades. Also notice how the blue coloring even varies on the same decal.

I doubt anyone would say a 40 year old newspaper with yellowed paper & faded print looked that way when it was new. The same logic applies here. Notice the photo posted by mccannix. Does anyone think that the tire in the picture was worn off when it was originally printed? If that was used as a format, would anyone suggest that the reproduction be made with the bottom half of the tire worn away? I would think not! We manufacture reproduction Decals that represent new originals, not old examples that look faded from 40+ years of being exposed to wear & tear.