Been driving the truck around. Definitely a few issues but nothing major. Still can't take it too far, have not got the reg. papers back yet.

Got the leaky rad. fixed and back in plus got some new hoses. The coolant overflow tank leaked like crazy so I had to use an old generic one I had on the shelf. That one leaks too I think. Runs cool tough.

Burns oil for sure, blue smoke at idle and on accel. Oil on the dipstick is black. I believe it needs valve stem seals which I can do. I am hoping the rings are OK. I did change the air cleaner/breather arrangement. It had a hose from the breather to the underside of the air cleaner plus a PCV into the back of the carb. I put a regular breather on it for leas clutter. Maybe it does need both though.

Has a miss and a pretty loud tick from what sounds like cylinder #2. Have to look into that, hoping there are no major broken parts. Will find out more if/when I do the seals. There will be a leak down test in the near future. Ran some combustion chamber cleaner in there, seems to run slightly smoother now.

There is a bad sputter around 2,000 rpm under load which I believe is carb related. I switched out the 3310 for a double pumper I have and it went away but the DP is too much carb. I looked at the timing, seems in the ballpark.

Spark plugs were toast. The front half were all caked with carbon, not sure if there was any spark happening at all. Put new ones in (after the carb change and ccc treatment) but have not pulled them to see what they look like yet. Have not looked under the distributor cap yet to check for carbon/streaks etc. Definitely needs plug wires. The #3 boot was burned through so I switched it out for an old one I had.

It's a running project for sure. Not gonna go crazy with upgrades here but it needs some new parts. I will try and fix what's in it for now. Hopefully it does not snowball too badly!

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500