I recently pulled the trigger and made a deal for a 1976 D100. It's an original 318 truck but now has a 400/4 speed (NP435) and 3.23 gears. Transporter is picking it up tomorrow (I hope), should be here by next week some time (I hope). Couldn't wait to post about it, I am stoked.

It's a Plain Jane truck, no trim. Dark green, cop wheels, bench seat. It will be a driver and tow rig for the few times a year I take my Duster to the track.

I will honest, I had to do a lot of convincing to win my wife over on another 'fun toy' vehicle but she relented. She's already asking me to haul stuff with it. Funny how that works.

She always told me that one of the things that attracted her to me was that I had a purple '72 W100. None of my friends even had cars when I lived in NYC. It was my DD for a few years. She loved that truck but I sold it in '06. We were sad to see it go. I have been wanting another one since then so his one fills the void.

It's not the greatest truck in the world but it's 'me' - simple and tough. There is a a little rust but no major cancer, it's actually pretty solid. It's supposedly reliable and runs good. Needs body work and paint though. Not a huge fan of the color but I can live with it for now. I have this image of a giant carrot going down the road - dark green truck with an orange car towed behind it.

I have some ideas for the truck to modernize it and make it comfortable to take on longer trips. Overdrive, lower the rear a little, A/C, cruise control, serp belt, Denso alt upgrade, hydroboost maybe EFI at some point and ultimately paint. Looking to add some trim as well to give it a a little flair and break up the slab sides a little. Possibly bucket seats as well.

Some of you guys might think I'm a little nuts buying an old beat up truck sight unseen from all the way out west and having it shipped back east. I concur with that but these things are hard to find around here for a reasonable price that aren't rusted to the belt line. Oh well.

Here's a few pics that the P.O. sent me. Looking forward to posting more about it.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500