Originally Posted By sixpackgut
Wondering if it can be done safely? Please dont tell me to buy CAP lowers because they are heavier than stock

I am in the process of changing my KOS Demon over to tubular LCA so I can lose the torsion bars and have more header room. These are HDK parts and my car is one of the gunnie pigs on this new design. They are a lot lighter than stock and will fit the stock K frame, plus being real pieces of art and I think made of 4130 CM but not positive.

In my case I am effecting a repair to wallered out holes in the front of the K frame where the pivot pin goes through, by having Denny enlarge the front of the LCA pivot pins that they supply, so my K frame hole is tight again after I drill it out to 3/4". I will also probably weld a doubler there so it stays tight. That can be done with the k-frame in the car and the engine on it. The car already has tubular uppers. HDK has a upper shock mount that goes inside the stock shock tower. Hopefully my existing tubular UCAs will clear the shock coils with his shock geometry.

These pivot on urethane bushings. They could pivot on 1/2" OD, 3/4" ID sealed ball bearings without any trouble I think, but the noise/ride would be harsher. These can use the stock or aftermarket strut rods.

I need to get a camera so I can make a thread about this.

Last edited by Airwoofer; 10/03/15 11:25 PM.