I'm glad somebody is figuring this stuff out!

Through a series of missteps - I've basically gone backwards while trying to fix things that weren't broke. LOL

I thought my converter was too loose or hurt because the math kept working out to more and more slip. The last pass it maintained the same rpm from the 660' mark to the stripe - but gained 25 mph. So I pulled the trans and went through it, and had the converter gone through and de-stalled some at the same time. It's a heavy "street truck" with a lockup 4,000 stall converter and it appeared to be stalling to 4800 and flashing much higher. It had traction issues at times - and mistakenly thought it would be "happier" with a little softer leave. WRONG!

The trans was hurt - which probably produced ALL of my slip. All the clutches were smoked and the steels were burned black with the pressure plate now cone shaped. (internal leakage problem)

Now that I've had the converter made tighter, and the trans gone through and repaired - it won't 60' anymore. The trap speed went up and the RPMs went down - but I believe that was a function of the trans problems. Now the converter only stalls to 2,800 instead of 4,000 and it's a pig down low. Yeah, it picked up a couple of MPH - but I'd rather be hanging the hoops!

So - converter is coming out again - and hopefully they can put it back to what it had BEFORE I had them mess with it. Maybe, just maybe - it'll 60' again AND make some MPH?