I went Small Block with Twin Turbos for many reasons. Most of them more a personal preference when I started the build.

Mostly was familiarity and personel knowledge base.

I looked at BB and even talked to several shops that told me they could build me a BB for about 1/2 what it would take to built a SB with the same HP and do it on Pump gas.

One question I always had was can you keep it below 9:1 compression so I can use turbos. Most said no or be very hard (we're talking 550-600+ cui).

I also got to looking at the rules and all classed that allow Turbos give the Small Block guys a weight break. Not sure if I'll be able to use it in the vehicle I have chosen.

Another reason was that I'm using a '99 ClubCab Dakota and those things are Porkly 4000-4400 in stock trim. Try to get the weight down as much as possible especially in the front end.

And as always. My project got way out of control as a streetable week-end terror to a full on cage/chassis 25.5 racer.

I'm going to put the SB together run it a while and look at maybe going the same route in a BB later on.