Originally Posted By Sneke_Eyez
You can go all out and take out the stock suspension stuff all you like, but I think you will find the same reaction from many here:

These cars had a good setup from the factory that just needs some updating.

Updating is less expensive and less work than it is to slam additional suspension setups under the car that are designed like a Ford or a Chevy.

Lots of people love their RMS setups, so clearly they make a good product.

The issue for many on this section is that coil-over setups don't seem to perform better than the updated stock setups and require more money and more modifications to install than the updated stock systems. So the basic answer to your second question would be: Yes, performance would be about the same for more money.

Many people are against a 4 link on these cars as well - if you look through this section, there are a lot of discussions of 4-link versus OEM or 3-link setups.

Most recently the coil-over versus stock, 4-link versus 3-link was debated in this thread: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1869049/sons-71-duster.html#Post1869049

Personally, if I was going to go all out on a suspension package for an E-Body and I truly decided that I wanted to do away with the stock stuff, I'd go for an Art Morrison Full Frame, a Schwartz G-Machine Chassis, or a Roadster Shop Chassis, which are all available for an E-Body.
But there is a LOT of cost there - and I'm not sure that the cost is worth the performance (just to end up running Corvette spindles!).

Thanks for the link. I looked into the G-Machine, it looks very cool but it comes with a coil-over setup. Could I ditch that and put in the Hotchkis parts instead? And I'll look into the Art Morrison frame