Originally Posted By Spartan040
I drove a 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, I believe it has a 12.3:1 ratio, and even that was very nice. I wonder if 10:1 may be too fast...? Does it make the car harder to turn if it has a higher ratio (may be a stupid question but I'm new to suspension and steering)?

As for the gears, what ratio would be better for a GV?

I haven't decided on the tires, I don't even have the car yet. I'm in the process of building up the cash to buy the car, and I'm planning out the build in advance so that I know exactly what to do and what to buy once I have it. What size tires would be ideal for a good mix of speed and handling, and to accomodate 17" or 18" wheels?

Probably 18" rims since high level performance DOT wide 17" tires are disappearing.

Think 275 wide in the front as a starting point. In the rear, I don't know what people can fit in there with a low stance. I'm sure 275's will fit. I'm thinking 295's with fender lip and offset hangers?? And I you mini tube and relocate springs you can get much wider.

Steering ratio does not make the car go faster or slower. It's the driver's preference and whether he can make the car go faster or slower with certain ratios.