Originally Posted By joelson6
thanks for all the info. i really don't know too much about the internals of the 4 speeds. never took one apart myself. that's kind of ironic cause most of my cars are 4 speeds. i do have an empty 18 spline cast iron case that i've had since the 90's. a friend of mine is gonna help me swap the cases. he's had these pro shift trans before. i wanna try it in my '74 challenger. i'm setting it up more for the track than the street. this year i upgraded to QA1 double adj. all the way around, strange 1350 driveshaft and yokes. and i have the RXT dual disc clutch. i have a 2 step and i have to setup the clutch pedal switch for the launches. maybe this trans is what i need for the track. once again, thanks for the info! you guys are great!

Let us know how it works out! If you want to part with that aluminum case let me know. I can always use spares! If you are going to hammer on it I'd use a billet bearing retainer. My last clutch failure started with a cracked retainer. I'd also call up Imperial Serices and order a poly transmission mount.