Quote:

Quote:

John: I have the Stage V with dual 1850's and I have a stock intake with Carters and the airhorns on the Stage V setup is 1 inch higher than the stock setup. With the Ramcharger aircleaner you could drop it down at least 1/2 inch when you modify it to fit the Stage V carb spacing. I am hooking the carbs direct because it is a single plane intake. Although I suppose progressive linkage could work.
You'll like that intake, I think it is the only intake I've owned that I could check the head port alignment by simply looking through the carb bores at the head ports.
Sheldon

thanks sheldon , i was thinking about this yesterday , the carbs are spaced further apart so how do you modify the lid ? or do you have to use some funky bent hold down studs ?

does anyone sell a base modified since i don't have one and what does making it a drop base do to the distance between the lid and the carb air horns ? or am i looking at removing the choke horns for best performance ???

might have to ditch this intake and buy the MP one ??? or wait for the stock spacing repop ???

Ben Snobar sells bases to fit these intakes. They are kinda expensive, I think about $800.00. That is why I made my own. Oh well, welcome to hemiville.