Quote:

John: I have the Stage V with dual 1850's and I have a stock intake with Carters and the airhorns on the Stage V setup is 1 inch higher than the stock setup. With the Ramcharger aircleaner you could drop it down at least 1/2 inch when you modify it to fit the Stage V carb spacing. I am hooking the carbs direct because it is a single plane intake. Although I suppose progressive linkage could work.
You'll like that intake, I think it is the only intake I've owned that I could check the head port alignment by simply looking through the carb bores at the head ports.
Sheldon

thanks sheldon , i was thinking about this yesterday , the carbs are spaced further apart so how do you modify the lid ? or do you have to use some funky bent hold down studs ?

does anyone sell a base modified since i don't have one and what does making it a drop base do to the distance between the lid and the carb air horns ? or am i looking at removing the choke horns for best performance ???

might have to ditch this intake and buy the MP one ??? or wait for the stock spacing repop ???