Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By stevet340
I think it is a great rule. Most of the oil downs at the track these days stems from relatively stock engines with 200+ shots of NOS to get them to run 11.99 or quicker E.T's. those engines are usually not made with good, solid, dependable premium parts because their owners are ignorantly cheap, which they in turn blow up spewing oil all over the track and under the cars tires! The time waiting for clean up will be reduced dramatically as well as having a more consistent racing surface along with more time actually racing not waiting for track clean up. The people who complain about a SAFETY rule which will benefit EVERYONE now and long term, should think about the positive aspects of the rule not the $150-$250 which could very well save THEIR LIFE! If that amount of money is deemed too much for what it can and would potentially save, you should seriously re-think your priorities and the value you put on YOUR LIFE!

BINGO. This rule with pay big dividends with less clean-up times, safety, and track costs. Nothing worse than spending an hour in the staging lanes on a 90 degree day on something that could have been prevented.

You guys are missing the point. There is no doubt that it will save down time and of course the safety issues. The point is: Is it needed for a street cars, that go to the track periodically? I see a need for it on "ALL OUT" race cars based on performance levels. I see absolutely NO need for street cars running test and tune or an occasional class race slower than 9.99 seconds. To me, this is over kill.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight