Originally Posted By TonyS451
Originally Posted By GY3
Originally Posted By ProSport
Great numbers Tony! You'll be happy with that cam. I'm sure you'd want a bigger one in a max effort engine but you did the same thing I did and built a nice street cruiser. I have plenty of old 9 second time slips, I just want to drive my new Duster so I went with 500 inches of pump gas power, max wedge Eddy's, 557 lift cam, 1 3/4 headers, 3.55 gears etc. I figured I'd hate the camshaft but I don't, I love it! Very streetable and blows the tires off in any gear.
Enjoy your new motor!

Very similar to what I'm building! 505" stroker with Source heads, Street Dominator intake, .557 cam and 10.5:1 CR. 2800 stall and 3.55 gears.

3287 lbs. for the car so it should be fun!

Great minds think alike! Did you guys call each other up first? Bob, cool that you've been there done that, and got the 9 sec slips to prove it. I have a handful of 10 second slips and a 10.02, but no 9's. Still on my to do list, just not the right time. You guys have a couple of killer street combos. That 557 cam may be an old design, but it works great.

I wanted something that I could turn the key and drive anywhere on pump gas and perhaps do drag week in the next few years. That meant no roller cam and no roller rockers. Trying to keep it as simple and bulletproof as possible. If I need more power I'll give it a 150 shot of nitrous. smoke

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.