Thanks everyone! I haven't purchased the heads yet, I was hoping to eventually find a deal here for some used ones with port work. I am in no rush ( I actually don't have the cash yet anyway) .

I WOULD like to bump the cam up, I really don't mind going big on the cam as I'd like to get the most power possible out of the combo and really make use of the Eddy heads. I am just worried about running a bigger cam with the flat top pistons, not having enough compression and all.

As far as piston to deck clearance, that is something I am unsure of right now. I didn't build the motor, but when the time comes to do this project I'll be able to find out when I take it apart. I'd venture to guess it is stock deck height right now with off the shelf speed pro pistons or MAYBE zero decked. I don't think anything more was done, it was just a basic rebuild. I am really not looking to take apart the bottom end for this build and have machine work done, but if it would be of some big benefit while running these pistons I may consider having the block decked. It would certainly be cheaper than buying new pistons/having it rebalanced.

Now I am wondering about the open vs closed chamber. I figured I would have to go closed to get the compression up with the flat top pistons but it seems like the only way to get the CR up would be to run the open chambers and have the block milled down for a positive piston to deck clearance? I am assuming that the 9 something to 1 compression I currently have with flat top pistons and probably a zero deck height would be too low to be running a bigger cam.

Oh, and MadScientist, thanks for the cam tip. I will go to one of those vendors for the cam when I am ready!

How much power do you guys think can be made out of this thing while keeping the flat tops?

Last edited by 1mean340; 06/26/15 02:13 PM.