What is the part number of the eddy heads? You could get them in open chamber or the closed.

If they are open, with the FT piston you have, you can easily run 10.5:1 (measured) compression with that cam. BUT BUT BUT, to get that compression ratio out of those pistons (again..ASSuming open chambers) the piston MUST come out of the deck at least .017 PLUS the amount of the difference between the head gasket you are using and the .021-.024 head gasket Chrylser used from the factory. So, lets say you have an .039 thick gasket. .039 minus .024 is .015, PLUS the .017 the piston SHOULD be out of the deck and you get a piston that is .032 ABOVE THE DECK.

You can mill on the heads but the 340 should have a positive deck height when using OC heads. I have run them as high as .054 out, but it's hard to find a guy who will do it.

If you get the compression up, and if you have a Victor of Vjr and a 4.10, you are way too small on camshft. For a small amount, you can have a custom ground cam. While the cam you have is not bad, you are wasting HP IF you do all the other mods you have said you would do.

In no particular order:

Cam Motion
Bullet
Racer Brown
Mike Jones

There are others who do custom cams that are rather inexpensive. I personally Like Jim at Racer Brown. Far too many people think that RB has old grinds that are out dated and it's not true. Jim is 100% old school. No web site, don't do credit cards and has a list of lobes a mile ling. If you call him and give him the straight poop you will get a great cam for your application. The other 3 I mentioned do the same as well.

BTW, the above compression numbers are general numbers and you should CC the chambers and calculate final number. The numbers I gave would be for a 72 cc chamber and I would rahter mill .040 off the deck than .060 off the heads.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston