Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By Dan@Hotchkis
I'd be REALLY interested at 15-20k, because I could build a better one for cheaper that I wouldn't feel bad or afraid about shunting into a wall. I'd really only be paying that premium because of supposed pedigree.

I don't think that is going to happen.

I thought it was bought out of an auction (with another car/D-Dart?) for over that amount. And the buyer was immediately advertised the car for more to flip it.

I think Dart4forte might remember the auction selling price and the asking prices of the various dealers that have advertised it since. help

One question about the pedigree... Did it run in a Trans Am race in 1966 OR just SCCA A-Sedan races in 1966? And do they allow A-Sedan cars in the vintage Trans Am races (I think so)?

The dealer from Seattle that had the two cars wanted somewhere north of 40K for the white D/Dart (the one Alan use to own) and somewhere north of 60K for the race car. When he brought the two cars to the Seattle Mopar show several years ago I chatted with him about the cars. He really didn't have a clue on what the cars were other that they had a special vin. It was kinda cool to sit in them.

The white D/Dart had been on the block several time back east. At one auction the bidding stalled at 40K and the owner walked away from the money. Bad move on his part. I think both cars made one more auction before heading out west. Not sure what the Seattle dealer got them for.

Year before last Alan sent me an e-mail informing me that the cars were on the block again. I don't recall how much it went for. I seem to remember a 20K figure from the Mecum auction in Monterey but Alan will have to help me out there.

As far as racing history I belive the car ran SCCA and Trans Am, mostly on the east coast.

Again it's unfortunate that these cars just bounce around auction to auction. It would be nice to see someone get that car and actually use it in vintage racing.

Here's something I found on the Dart.

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=3798

And some more results from 1966

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/racelist2.php?uniqid=426

The one thing confusing is the car number. makes me wonder if there were two Darts

Last edited by dart4forte; 05/14/15 03:32 PM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln