Originally Posted By abodyjoe

like to hear more about the stroker combo..

It's old, there is better combos out now. It's a 97 block with a yj 4.2l crank and rods with .020 speed pro pistons. The 4.2 crank and rods install like stock. The only clearanceing I had to do was to shim the factory crank "girdle" up enough to clear the longer stroke from the 4.2 crank. Look for a budget stroker recipe online and you will find lots of stuff. It only cost me about $150 more than building a stock 4.0. If I did it now I would use an aftermarket stroker piston and use the longer 4.0 rod as opposed to stock 4.0 pistons.

I put a crane cam in it and some ford 24lb injectors. Stock rockers, springs, etc. it's got about 50,000 miles on it and 11 years. It runs great, my rig is fat and heavy at 4400ish lbs trail ready. It has no problem going down the road at 75mph with the AC blasting and the cruise control on. It functions as stock, no issues with the bigger cam or CID. It does get a pretty nasty lope if it's really cold outside but it goes away quick once the ecu gets a hold of things.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340