You did good with the 2-door. The 4 door has small back doors that are awkward to get into once the jeep is lifted a little bit. Its actually no harder to climb into the back of a 2 door once you get it lifted. Plus it makes it much easier to get into for the front seat people. I am 6'3 and have to fold up to hop in my lifted 4 door Cherokee.

Edit: I have had my 97 for about 11 years now. Its been a daily driver off and on and been an overall good vehicle(stroked 4.0, lockers, 35s, blah blah). I haven't really done much of anything to it in the last 2-3 years. Its really just been driven enough to keep it from rotting. I did some work on it this weekend, replaced the ball joints on one side, upgraded a bushing in the axle housing and did a few little things. The XJs are awesome, I couldn't imagine getting rid of mine. 238,000 on the clock and the doors close great and everything works great still, despite the fact I have flooded it with water and it has taken some decent trail damage over the years LOL.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 04/20/15 04:54 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340