Originally Posted By 383man
Yes I say cars but trucks is what I worked on 99% of the time as in 1986 Mopar did not make many rear drive cars to be honest as like I said 99% of what I saw was trucks or front drive cars which also had the electronic lock-up that basically works like this. So whether I said cars or trucks I meant that I was talking about any rear drive vehicle with electronic lock-up. I was not debating which models used electronic lock-up but trucks is what I worked on most and what my mind was thinking even if I said cars. We did not not see many rear drive cars even in our Dodge dealer to much in the 80's and 90's as they did not make many. My point was to tell how the electronic lock-up works as Mopar has used other versions since the 80's. In 1989 the 604 trans axle came out which was all electronic shift and uses a LR/Lock-up solenoid along with other solenoids. But the Low Reverse/Lock-up solenoid worked the lock-up converter and the Low/Reverse clutch. It moved a switch valve to determine if it applied the lock-up or low/reverse clutch. It was a little more complicated then the basic electronic lock-up. But as I said my point was not which vehicle used the electronic lock-up it was just to show how they applied the electronic lock-up. About the only M body cars I remember even seeing come in our shop after 1986 was Police cars but we did not see many of them. So I am not wrong on showing how the electronic lock-up works as I am correct about that. The M-bodies may have still used the hydraulic lock-up in the late 80's as I did not work on many of them at all so you may be right about them. The few M-bodies I saw I did not do any trans work on them and I just dont remember what they used so I appoligize if I gave you the wrong impression that I was talking about them. Ron

Here's the transmission the OP is using

The case he is using is a 999 out of an 83 Imperial. It doesn't have a lock-up solenoid on the valve body.

Not a truck and no unlock solenoid.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.