I built my 493 using a 440Source 4.15 stroker kit and I use a 440 block. The kit was $1999 and then I bought my solid flat tappet custom grind cam from Dwayne Porter along with my Indy dual plane intake and EZ heads. Dwayne gave me a very good price on the parts I bought from him but you dont have to use EZ heads as you can use the Stealth heads. I went with EZ heads because I felt they may have more potential down the road for me if I want to step it up some later. And I got a good price on the EZ heads. I spent around $3500 total for the EZ heads Dwayne worked a little and that also included the Indy intake and the valley cover plate along with the cam and lifters in which he nitrided the cam. He also went over the heads and made sure the valve job was done right. The price also included a few other parts and his labor. In total I spent about $6k in all the hard parts and some minor parts and that included Dwayne's labor. Course the little parts like gaskets , timing chain , oil pump , plugs , oil and other small parts add up. I built the eng myself but I am sure I spent $7k total with all the little parts or maybe even a tad more. You could use Stealh heads and do it a little cheaper but this can give you an idea what I spent using mainly all new parts. Good luck with it , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 04/19/15 12:55 PM.