So I'm in the process of rebuilding the front end of the wagon before bringing her out for the season, and I am approaching a new parts ordering spree.

Just curious to get people's opinions on what I'm ordering and installing to see if anyone has any additional suggestions regarding some questions I have. Remember, I'm wanting something that is better than the wallowing pig I have right now, a true corner carver isn't necessarily the goal. Every part on the front end right now is worn out and appears to be straight out of 1969.

I am installing the following that I have on hand:
1.12 Torsion bars

Hellwig 55903 Tubular Front Sway Bar

Hellwig 6909 Rear Adjustable Sway Bar

FirmFeel Lower Control Arm Reinforcement Plates

Wilwood Dual Piston Caliper Brake Setup (Purchased used, I need to explore more about what I bought and what I need for a master cylinder)

Things that will be soldiering on for the time being:
Factory power steering box

318 V8/A904 Automatic

The (seemingly) stock shocks.
I've pondered swapping these for Monroe blues just for something to tide me over, but I'd really rather put shock money into some Hotchkis Fox units.

I'm ordering the following to be installed starting as soon as parts arrive:

Upgraded 11/16'' tie rods:
2 Moog ES440S Steering Center Link Tie Rod End

2 Moog ES355RL Steering Center Link Tie Rod End

2 Moog ES352R Steering Center Link Tie Rod End

Upper control arm rebuild until I can afford tubular ones:
2 Moog K7103 Upper Control Arm Bushings (This is the offset bushing kit to allow more adjustment.)

2 Proforged 101-10126 Greasable Upper Ball Joint

Lower control arm rebuild:
1 Proforged 120-10005 Greasable Lower Control Arm Pivot Shaft Kit

1 Proforged 115-10034 Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings (Little confused here, does the 120-10005 kit come with these? In the pictures it looks like it does, so I probably don't need these - I'll call Proforged)

1 Proforged 101-10129 Greasable Left Lower Ball Joint

1 Proforged 101-10128 Greasable Right Lower Ball Joint

I'm planning to reuse my stock strut rods, but use:
1 Energy Suspension Polyurethane 5.7109G Strut Rod Bushing Kit on them

Optional items that I'm considering:
Proforged 116-10026 Fast Ratio Pitman and Idler Arm Kit - will the fast ratio stuff be worthwhile? These together are almost $200 from everywhere, and I'll pay it if the driving experience is worth it.

Proforged 105-10049 Billet Aluminum Tie Rod Sleeves - These would swap for the Moog ES440Ss and are expensive - the supplied information claims greater adjustment out of them, but I'm not sure if there is a real benefit. Cost differential is about $25, but I'm sort of at the point where every little bit helps.

Proforged 114-10009 Torsion Bar Lock and Seal Kit - again, not sure whether I need these or if they're just a luxury

I'd like to get this stuff ordered here in the next few days so that at least some parts are in my hands on Saturday.

Thoughts, feelings, criticisms from the Corner Carvers who are more knowledgeable than I?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sneke_Eyez; 04/07/15 06:13 PM.

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!