Quote:

I have watched this for a while now about the modern 5/6 speed trans installs, and have come to the conclusion that what I have said about cutting a nice floor aside, a lot of people don't have either the skills, or the tools, or the facilities, and everything else to do one of these installs. From what I have read on here, there is always something else that's needed that the installer wasn't told about, or sold in the kit that they then have to buy, and try to make it fit. The whole thing is a pile of parts from different kinds of cars that we are trying to shoe horn into cars that they weren't designed for. And that folks is why the Passon units rule, it's the right thing for about 99% of us, EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE IT CAME IN THE CAR.

While I can agree with most of your comment, and the OP is better off in this case supplying either a Passon 3spd OD (modded 883), or Passon's new 4spd OD (5spd) for his customer seeing that the car cannot be modified to accommodate a TKO install

However regarding the TKO kits as being a bunch of parts "from other cars" is a little misleading, as the Tremec TKO is a stand alone offering from Tremec, it's never been offered in a production vehicle, it's often confused as being the same as a Tremec T5 or Tremec 3550 mfg production series transmission, the kit components offered by the various companies are often comprised of proprietory custom made bellhousings, shifters, linkage, crossmembers, etc, etc, designed for the applied applications, not a bunch of "parts from other cars"...a good segment of auto enthusiast want a TKO 5 spd installation, as evident by the 10's of thousands of TKO units sold since their inception in the early 2000's....

IMHO the 5spd thing has been "played out", yes there's still a need for them, but after driving 5 sds for many years, the natural progression is the T56 6 spd for an even deeper OD, the Mopar crowd has always been late to the table, or slow to accept change, but at least there is a multitude of offerings in the OD market now to satisfy the requirements of the many different needs/views required

Mike