Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After initial setup on my Dana I can change gears in a half hour or less. Never had to run pro gears either. We ran a ring gear that had a broken pinion with a pinion from a broken gear, and ran them together for one season till we came across a used set to 50 bucks. Dana is just strong, don't under estimate it. Unless you run heads up racing why do want to have extra gear sets ready is beyond me.

Your faster than ANYONE I've seen(if your doing it
right).. I helped 2 guys on drag week (1 chevy and
1 mopar.. 12 bolt and a dana) change gears laying
on the ground.. its not fun... and both took WELL
over 2 hours... but I'm slow I guess(I dont do it
for a living)

I have to call BS on the less than half hour. maybe if you just slap them in there with out checking and setting them up.

If you were to set up the patterns for the ratios you need during the beginning build and save the shim packs, it would be pretty quick to swap. Especially if the ring gear was on a spare spool. 30 minutes is way quick. If the axles were slid out, and drive shaft out it would be pretty quick.
Doug

maybe if you used the same manufacturer, but from what I have seen they are not even close. and if it was on a bench would make a huge difference from being in a car. I just don't see it anyway. I would have to see it