Quote:

Quote:

Weight is my biggest problem! Does anyone now how much heavier the world block is over stock block?

Lee do you know how much weight you actually removed from your car? My car weighs 3360 and the 320 for the driver??? Basically a tank! Car and driver.

The World blocks are around 80-100 lbs. heavier than a stock block. For your car/class I'd think that'd be a big problem. Unless someone has a CNC lightening program for them. I have a World Hemi block in the garage and that thing is F'n heavy! It was really heavy before we bored 1/4" out of each cylinder, lol.
Your best option is gonna be finding someone w/ an older MP megablock they are selling.

I agree....The megablock would be a better choice

the production stock block in that Maxie was already a pretty thick wall(I used the best one I could find), and has a tall fill...While I never weighed it, in ready to assemble state, it was pretty heavy..Heavier than any 440 based build I have had through here..

Adding weight, especially over the nose, is never "good" but neither is a block that doesnt have wall integrity...

I think its working pretty good for what it is..Its never gonna be easy to compete with a Hemi headed motor with an antiquated, inline valve wedge headed offering..

Block idea is great, and maybe some effort to get it to hang in there a bit more up top...Thats where the race is won with the engines that have better head designs..No secret there...

MB