Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A hemi port does not have to be huge to flow like crazy, look at the new version hemi for proof, ports are no bigger than a SB head but can easily flow way over 300cfm like a heavily ported W2.

Huh? A factory Hemi port is 1.84" x 2.00", thats 3.68 in^2. My fully ported w9's are only 1.4" x 2.2" that's 3.08 in^2. My heads are 20% less port size then the hemi, and they flow about the same if not better...

(stock hemi port we're talking of course...)

The hemi head probably has the biggest port ever produced aside from the ford tunnel port stuff or a Ram Air 5...

Huh? A stock 426 port has less area than a BBC rectangle port, Boss 302/351/429 or Ford SCJ as well as the ones you mentioned. Normally I don't compare flow rates between OE and race heads, but if thats allowable, a 6.1 hemi can flow around 400 CFM with a 2-1/8th valve.

Sorry I thought we were talking about 426 hemi heads not new stuff... I was just making a point that the original hemi was BIG, and that's why a 450 cfm port would make less torque down low then the smaller wedge port.

As for new hemi stuff no doubt it's good. But I haven't seen any 400cfm #'s anywhere, 370cfm maybe, but not 400... Who's doing those?

And by the way you're right, I never realized how freakin' big a 302 Boss head was!!! LOL...