Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if a max ported W2 can flow 400 CFM

I do, and the answer is "no way".

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

but a ported 6.1 hemi head will and there not too far different in size, as best info as I can find on port size the W2 port is bigger. A more apropriate comparo would be the Max effort 6.1 Vs a max effort W8 assumeing you can get an aproprite displacement and or valve train for high RPM the hemi will make more power.

Two things other than the economy that are holding up race development of the 6.1. One is, it's not a Chevy. 30 minutes after the first LS motor hit the showroom, K Mart had several aftermarket head castings on the shelf. We're all used to that. Second, a 6.1 flow-wise takes a little more work to improve on than normal. The main weakness is the design and production of high lift valve trains. They will eventually come, but like a good 440 block, it will take a while. In the meantime, we'll keep hearing how a LS Chevy is sooooo amazing, how the LS motor is something revolutionary, etc., etc. But, when pressed, nobody can tell you exactly whats so revolutionary about them. But, we're used to that too.
Stuff like this is why I'm not so big into hemi vs. wedge debates. I'd just like to see what is hands-down the best new line of V8's get a little support in the market. But, being a Mopar guy at heart, I've learned patience. I don't like it, but I've learned it.