Quote:

You must have been under a rock as it was beat to death here .

Yea, I was pretty busy 6 years ago, so I probably missed it.

Quote:

500ft/lbs is a pretty low rating for a manual transmission designed for classic muscle cars. Heck, my mild 440 has 530ft/lbs. I can see durability being a potentially serious issue for a lot of guys.

500 Sounds pretty decent to me. While you may have proof of your 530 lb ft combo, I'm sure there are 10:1 ratio of guys who think they have 500 and are really closer to 300 compared to you. Even then, that isn't a cliff in durability and I've seen lesser rated gear last behind higher rated powerplants when used with driver care.

Quote:

1) The one pictured and the one shown in the last issue of some Mopar mag looks slightly different. Who knows if the one shown in the mag is the Mopar version or not.

Edit- Looking at the input shaft I suspect the non-Mopar version. I think the article did indicate a different bellhousing maybe needed but wait and see I guess.

2) The 'Cuda article in the same issue indicated the trans was rated at 600 ft/lbs of torque and the blown hemi engine in the 'Cuda was dyno'd at 1200 hp.

Options are nice.

I know I'll be a voice in the wilderness but always best to wait till a product is in peoples hands before proclaiming this is better than that when none are in anyone's hands yet.

The only difference seems to be the cable hanging out near the front and the powder coat, and yes, all the pics/adverts are for the GM version, which is in production. Yes, McLeods CEO has one in his 1200hp blown Hemi Cuda. However, as a former alcohol and fuel driver, I think he may know how he can make things last.

FWIW, I'm not saying this trans is better than the Passon 855 or that the McLeod guys are a better group to deal with. I'm simply saying there may be another option out there, hopefully soon, since they obviously missed the mark previously. Will it fit perfectly, I have no idea. It seems reasonable to say it will as that little shifter box on top doesn't appear to be much bigger than a standard Hurst shifter mechanism, but each car does have its quirks.

Poking around the net, I did find a picture of the 2009 offering M800. Yeah, its a bit large looking up top.