Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you really think if a basket case such as this with aftermarket parts (and a lot of them) most likely mig welded is any different than adding Superbird parts to a 70 Belvedere that was rust free?

Yep...

Because if the cowl, and core support numbers remain intact, it still gives provenance that it is indeed the real thing...

Along with the rest of the documentation..

Again makes me laugh. The "real thing". How much has to be left to make it real? A Belvedere (factory metal, welds,flaws,etc.) has more in relation to a factory car than a Superbird tag stuck on $20K worth of Chinese replacement sheet metal. I could care less if the tag says what it started life as something rare. I'm not saying to fake one for profit. But lets face it this is a Hobby for 99% of us, not a business. I can't buy that a 2" tag makes a difference unless it's someones ego. Just my 2 cents. I guess that's why I cut stuff up and race it.
Doug

Are you implying that at a certain point, documented number don't mean anything? I guess the rest of the car world respectfully disagrees with you on that one. To each his own though.

Sounds like you're arguing against yourself. If this isn't a real superbird anymore and the numbers now don't mean anything, why bother sticking serious money into it rather than get a nice clean belvedere, buy good reproduction superbird pieces and save yourself a pile of money in the end while letting the next guy deal with the headache of restoring it?

1971 Plymouth Duster 340 auto
1937 Plymouth PT50
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 speed
2013 Ram laramie 2500 hemi
2008 Harley FLSTSB springer