Quote:

.....Now my friends are telling me it's a waste of money that the stock 440 will make about the same as the stroked 440..... Whats your take on it?

I don't think it is a matter of ".....it's a waste of money....". More accurately it is a matter of what is your budget, and the what are the advantages of the stroker over the 440, and is it worth it to you. In the end, only you can answer this.

First I suggest that you do a detailed cost analysis between the two options. Then you get real clear on the goal of the car. If you put the same parts in both motors, the stroker will make more power. And the power will be at a slightly lower rpm range.

If it is a street car, the advantage of the stroker is that it will be more docile on the street at the same power level as the 440.

My car with its 500 in motor runs in the 11s at 120 mph, has a stock converter and a 3.23 gear. It drives through the neighborhood in third gear (auto) at 25 mph and 1100 rpm very nicely. My motor cost a little more, but here is what I did not have to buy: headers, exhaust system, gear, converter, tires. I probably saved over $3,000 on that stuff.

But, that is what I wanted. Your case will be completely different.