I may be way off base...but I dont think car weight is an issue. My car weighs no more or within a few lbs of the average BB e body. I have shucked quite a bit of weight off it. Just wondering...how does a similar system work in an e body?

Also, it has been my experience that an "under braked" vehicle usually locks the brakes easily? For instance, ( I know not an exact dollar to dollar comparison) my nissan pickup will lock the brakes way too easy if you put a trailer on it.

This car had 4 wheel manual drums from the factory. It didnt stop as "good" as the current setup, but it would lock all 4 if need be. The car weighs at least 300lbs less than those days.

As far as linkage, I have a pedal from a 71 RR manual brake car. The rod is, I believe, an adjustable rod from master power.

What are the measurements to verify that I have the correct pedal?

Could an incorrect pedal height, too low for instance, be helping cause the issue?

The car does stop pretty decent. On a short 1/8 mile track without much shut down area, I have to lock her down pretty good, but it does it fine. I just dont think that not being able to lock either front or rear is "correct"?

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.