Quote:

Quote:

Which number are you calling ??? customer service 800-345-1178...When I called about the gun trigger and the delay of the shielding gas to stop after the trigger was released I was informed the 2-3 second delay was normal and was the way it is designed...I did notice when using the aluminum spool gun the length of the cord did make the delay seem longer...
But if it's not shutting off you've got some trouble there...

And as cudatom has pointed out I too was'nt suggesting a newer{or more expensive} unit just a replacement..Alot of the trouble with these replies is someone reading into what's actually being said and the mindset of who's reading it...OK I'm done with the just wanted to set that straight...

Oddly enough I had to call Eastwood CS today and got right through ..

What benifit would a 2-3 second delay in gas shut off provide??? I can't see any at all, and even if there is one, a split second would be enough...

To keep porosity out of the weld while it cools, called post flow. It's adjustable on some welders. You don't just jerk the gas nozzle away from the work do you? right after releasing the trigger. No you keep it there to provide gas flow to keep the weld pure while it cools.