Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There`s going to be LOTS of trial and error especially if your making decent power.............60`s tech in 2015...........

Hey whats wrong with 60's tech ?? Some of us cheap guys still use it.

I agree that they mean use the longer front hanger not shackle. I did use the stock shackles with my 3400 lb SS springs on my 63. And I actually bought the Mr Gasket shackle kit with extra holes in it to use them and raise the back of my car about a 1/2" as it was actually a tad lower then I liked. I cut them off and painted them black to make them look like the stock shackle and they made no difference at all in how the car hooked. I use just SS springs and the longer extending MP rear shocks. Yes they are cheap 60's tech as they have no adjustment at all. But they work ok for my street car as it hooks fine and in running 10.70's its had a 1.50 best 60 which is not great but average for a leaf spring car with basically all stock suspension. It works for a low budget like I have been on for a while. Ron

No problem but just wait till the "I can`t get my ss springs to hook" post or maybe not as some run well...........

Yea I guess I am lucky as I have only got to the track twice in the last two years but both times the 4 passes I made were all within 4 hundreths of each other as this year it ran from 10.85 to 10.89 and last year from 10.76 to 10.81 with 3 of the passes all being 10.76. I dont make a ton of power but I am stuck and have to live within my budget for now. One day if it works out I would like to try Cal Tracs and adjustable shocks on all 4 corners but atleast it works ok so I can still get out some and have some fun for now. I kinda feel my suspension may be leaving a good tenth or two on the table. But it does really drive nice on the street. Ron