Quote:

Look where the center main bearings are anchored to the side of the block near the pan rail. There is extra meat under the pan rail sort of like a TA block just not quite that drastic. Also after clearancing blocks to build stroker motors you can tell the material changed, I am no metallurgist by any means but it is a lot harder to grind. I tend to see less core shift in general (there may be some LA blocks better than bad magnums but they are more the exception than the norm as far as core shift). Last small detail that may add some strength is the extra mount bosses all over the out side, expecially the 02-03 blocks.

I like almost free roller cam set ups also... now I do know about the 89-92 360 block having a roller cam but they are harder to find as they only came in trucks and dodge was not selling a lot of trucks till 94. Also that block does not have the extra meat around the mains.

I am not going to claim they are like an X block or anything but for the price difference (almost none) they are definately worth using if you plan to push a stock block really hard.

I think the difference in bore size does not outweight the blocks other strengths. In a perfect world we would have R3 blocks from the JY at $100 a pop but we don't. Also those LA 360 blocks that could safely go 4.100 are very rare, most of them are lucky to have enough real meat to be safe at 4.030.

^^this^^

I know in the truck world there are A LOT! of 360 magnums punched out to .040" over and .060" over that are stroker motors with no problems.
But as already stated going more than .030" over bore I would want a sonic test of the block first.

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum