Quote:

Quote:

The big thing to keep in mind on pinion angle and driveshaft angle is at the rear U joint the pinion shft and driveshaft should never be perfectly aligned sitting still, there should be visible V, even if it is only 2 to 3 degrees difference Never a upside down V All U joints need a difference in angle for them to work correctly, the needles need to rotate due to the diffeence in rotating angles or planes

On a big tire/chassis car many times the centerline of the crank is lower than the centerline of the pinion. This makes the driveshaft run "uphill" towards the rear axle, leaving the rear u-joint angle in an "upside down V".

I can't imagine a car with the pinion yoke at a lesser angle , even on a four link car with big tires and a low crankshaft centerline like your describing, having the pinion yoke at a lesser angle, A upside V pointing so it(the pinion yoke) will go up under acceleration increasing the misalignment I have ran ladder bar cars that where set up that way when I got them I ended up changing it so there was 1 to 3 degrees in the proper V, that didn't really seem to make much difference but that was on a car built in New York state that had single adjsutable 3 inch travel rear shocks on it It was foot brake car that would top the rear shock travel out when stalling the motor all the way up against the converter so ther was no suspension travel left Lots of different ways to get results, not all results are the same or the best

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)