Quote:

Quote:

In reality, 720-780HP, 500+ lb-ft from 3500 rpm to 7500 rpm on 91-93 octane with Edelbrock RPM heads, Indy single plane and a single 1100cfm Dominator.

Id like to stick with the crossram for obvious reasons!! Id love some carb and head recommendations for the motor at 600hp..

The first low deck 383 C.I. non stroker street motor I built a long time ago, when those intakes where avaible new(circa 1972)used a stock set of early iron heads (we did put 1.74 exhaust valves in them )the customer had and a Isky 505T solid roller cam. He had the intake with a set of early Holley6 50 DP carbs, that combination with a stock converter was a big dead dog under 3000 RPM The customer had promised me before starting the build he would buy a good race converter, electric fuel pump and good ignition also. He didn't That motor was a rocket ship between 3000 and 8500 RPM Knowing what I know now I would put a set of Holley 750 D.P. on that intake and be prepared to rejet and possibly mod the carbs. idle circiuts and power valves to meet the needs of the motor to drive and idle nice On the cam a solid roller with between 250 and 264 degrees @.050 with 106 to 110 LSA with as much lobe lift you can get would be my choice, the converter size and stall speed would determine the LSA and where I installed the intake lobe center in reference to TDC Last thing on the heads is to buy the best ones you can afford, CNC Eddy RPM would be my choice for that intake You might want to try soem spacers under the carbs after you get it going, try one to two inch at first

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)