I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but couldn't locate the answer.

I just install the TF-2 shift kit in a rebuilt 1971 torqueflite for a 440 I suspect will be around 450hp for street/strip. I've added the shift command feature, and all mods went well. Just hoping to get some additional clarity on a few of the adjustments.

Pressure Regulator Adjustment;
Shims, spring seat, inner spring, and outer spring and valve were replaced per instructions. Transgo suggests 3/16" allen adjustment be backed off until spring seat is just flush to edge of retainer. Factory was 1 5/16". Some forums discuss 3 turns from flush, and up to 6 turns from flush. I'm suspecting this is more for race application. Should I just stick with instructions, and check with a pressure gauge once running? Hate to have to drop the pan again.

Throttle Valve Adjustment;
Transgo kit makes no mention of any adjustment here. Stem end was ground per instructions to 9/32". With the throttle lever touching the stop, I set the clearance to 3/16 using a drill bit. I've read on some forums many adjusting to 1/8.

Orifice Plug;
Not sure if I should install this into the case, but it appears it's used in 80% of the mods.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.