Quote:

There is always a "grey" area in the rules. It simply said, "fuel must pass this and this spec"..........so if it does NOT say, you can't use this and you can't use this, as long as the fuel passed fuel check, he was legal. Because they DO check pro-Stock fuel after every run. So the obvious answer was "spec fuel". This takes the load off the tech dept and trying to figure out what guys MIGHT come up with for additives.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending anybody, just pointing out the mindset in a class such as this. EVERY team is looking for ANY advantage they can find and think they can get away with. Just like every chassis builder has body templates and they build the body to those templates. Now what the teams do AFTER that........who knows. Several teams have had bodies tossed and you KNOW it didn't come from Haas, Bickel, or Jones like that.

So bodies "tweaked", blocks bored "not straight", fuel "mixed", "hidden" shifters, "one off" shocks and a myriad of other things is just common everyday events in a class like this, where .001 MATTERS. So in the big picture..........they are ALL "cheaters"........LOL!!......So as smart as all these guys are, when one team all of a sudden "finds" a mph. You can bet they are being "creative" somewhere and tech WILL find it eventually

Monte

You can parse all you want, be here is where we digress. You can say what you want about the fuel Jeg was blending, but I remember that is was BORDERLINE racing gasoline...so I would let that slide.

But no way in hell can you defend what he did as operating in a "grey" area when the rule said the driver had to shift the car, and Jeg's car magically changed gears WITH BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL. Now, if you want to say he was "endowed" with a gift that let him shift with out his hands, that's on you.

So, taking it on the whole, Jeg is a bona fide cheater. You can call him "creative". I won't. He was/is/always will be a CHEATER.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston