Interesting..
I also dislike NHRA "love affair" with Force and his interviews drive me crazy at times but really they just have to dance with who brought them.
Drag racing is tough to sell--I took my Dad to US Nats early on Friday--we watched about 3 dozen pairs of 8.90 BS and he got up saying lets go home
Fuel is all they have and Force is Fuel--Getting his daughters running as good as they have is a success story in itself--what else does NHRA have??
I race with a vintage dragster club and the Southest Gassers club has been Rocking this year--Great show!! Great number of ticket buyers in the stands--why? It is unpredictable--when 2 cars pull to the line you don't know what the heck is going to happen---even at 320 MPH NHRA is pretty boring--after you see top fuel the first time --well...you have seen it--move on.
I made two passes the other night at test and tune--track was like Teflon--I called them Army runs--left, right, left , right
The crowd LOVED IT!! I almost wrecked the car and they Loved it!! Screaming!!!
I make a straight pretty fast pass and well...nobody comes by the pits--I go wild--almost hit the wall--spin up in smoke--rattle the tires and stay in the throttle and I can't even park in my pit there are so many folks wanting to see that car and crazy driver--
Remember when NHRA got good tires and the side by side smokey runs were over? THAT is when the giant crowds started to fade from the drag racing grandstands--Most folks do not remember seeing a race with over 100 dragsters--used to be common--several classes--tons of wild cars and runs--

John Force has been the IV hanging on the pole beside the bed of a near dead NHRA for better or worse.

The amount of cash it takes to do what they do is obscene---what sponsor can possibly get any benifit from giving away millions??
All the cars are getting loot from Fracking oil outfits, Arabs, and rich back pockets--I bet Kallita is making a Zillion $$'s a DAY flying USA war junk around the world for the government.

I have no ideas how to fix the NHRA but I do believe that John Force is about all they have left and now we see how that is going---