Quote:

Quote:

Wrong is a matter of semantics I suppose, because when I spec a cam for ANY combo, I factor in lifter diameter. So when you factor in lifter diameter and get the opening and closing rates and numbers where you want them, a lobe is a lobe. Now if you want EXACTLY the same valve action with different diameter lifters, then yes, I suppose you could classify lobes as "brand" lobes because of stock lifter diameters. But in the world of "custom" cams, that would mean nothing.

I generally build motors with .937 lifters........so what "brand" of lobes should I run...........LOL

Monte

Every post of yours reminds me of Fonzie.

Ok, by YOUR definition, ANY motor with an .842 lifter has a Chevy cam.......ANY motor with an .875 lifter has a Ford cam and ANY motor with a .904 lifter has a Mopar cam..........I stand corrected then. Gee, I thought it kinda had something to do with firing orders, valve layouts and valve events. Guess I learned something new. Still not sure where that leaves guys with .937, 1.0 and 1.125 lifters.......just [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] brand motors I guess...........LOL!!!

I just did a cam for a big block Mopar, with .937 lifters, but it has a GM LS motor firing order..........wonder what the hell that is...............LOL!!!

Monte