I'm back with a few more updates. My one week project has turned into a fall project...

I've got a question. What is this thing? Munroe says zip about it.

I noticed what looked like foam or something on the inside. After I cleaned the pump plate with solvent, I was drying it with compressed air. In an attempt to blow this unit out, whatever was blocking the side that faces the engine blew apart and fell inside it. You can see a little remaining. I am assuming that the part pops out and you snap in a new unit. Help me out here.

With the case and all it's components checked and bushings replaced, every part cleaned with mineral spirits and blown dry with compressed air, I moved to the valve body. I split the halves and placed all the parts in labelled bags. as I did this, I videotaped each section to show how the valves came out and how their springs were arranged.

after cleaning all the parts and drying, I laid them all out on a clean surface under their baggies as assemblies and cleaned up the large pieces, really working at all the passageways. Here they are all ready to reassemble.

Previous to cleaning the separator plate and halves, I drilled passages in the plate and worked the valve body as per the instructions in my TransGo shift kit. The guy that sells this kit has a sense of humor.

I tried to listen up but heard nothing...

I got out my TransGo shift kit and went over the instructions, figuring out where in the reassembly process the parts would go.

Watching the videos in reverse order, I reassembled the valve body. great news. No left over parts. it was fun and pretty simple.

Just a couple minor details and she's going back together.

Don't forget to tell me what that plastic thingy-mo-bob is and if I have to replace it.

I’m listening.